How To Choose The Right Cancer Hospital
Are you looking for a hospital for the Cancer treatment of your loved one. Choosing the right cancer hospital could be a major challenge for you. It is very important to lay down emphasis on the technologies available, doctor’s qualifications and hospital accreditation to name a few, while choosing the right hospital. Performing this particular task can be difficult, especially if you don’t have any clue regarding the standards and requirements needed for a cancer patient. Here are a couple of things that you should consider while choosing the right hospital.
The most important factor in choosing a hospital for cancer treatment should be the availability of diagnostic and integrated multimodality (Radiation, Surgery, Chemotherapy, rehabilitation and other support services/treatment facilities) under one roof. All dedicated cancer hospitals have these facilities.
Next thing to check is whether the cancer hospital is accredited by NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospital and Healthcare providers) NABH Accreditation of a cancer hospitals ensures the availability of latest diagnostic; prognostic and therapeutic technologies; trained experienced and skilled oncologists; other allied specialists; nurses; technicians and other support staff; integrated systems and standards to ensure adequate treatment and best treatment outcomes in a positive, safe and congenial environment.
By choosing a NABH accredited cancer hospital, one is also assured of short hospital stay, judicious use of drugs, disposables and relatively lower cost of treatment by avoiding unnecessary procedures.
Next important factor is to choose a cancer hospital which has a highly economical guest house for boarding and lodging of outstation patients to cut down indirect costs incurred by cancer patients.
Here is a quick check list, which could be useful for you;
• Does the hospital have integrated facilities for Radiation Therapy, Chemotherapy, Full range of challenging and routine Cancer Surgeries and all other allied specialists to treat associated diseases of cancer patients.
• World class technologies for diagnostic / therapeutic procedures.
• Teams of skilled radiation, medical, Gynae and surgical Oncologist to collectively evaluate the patient and chart out a custom made treatment plan as per national / international protocols in the tumour board.
• Concerns for patient safety, comfort and outcome of treatment.
• Ethical practises to avoid unnecessary procedures and hospitalization
• Affordable rates with transparent billing
• Providing free/ subsidized treatment to poor patients
• Accreditation from National Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH), National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL), National Board of Examinations (NBE).
• Policies for Continuous quality improvement
For more information you can visit http://www.dhrc.in
Author on various topics for Cancer, Radiation Oncology ,Allied Services, Healthcare, Hospitals and Health Subjects.
Disclaimer: Article submitters are solely responsible for the content of their articles.
ArtiLib can't be held liable for the contents of the articles. Report Abuse
Browse By Category