Linksys Router Setup
You bought a new Linksys wireless router and you do not know to use it. You are experienced with computers and networks, but this is the first time you touch a Linksys router and you do not where to start configuring the router. You are excited with all of the great features that your Linksys wireless router offers, and you want to get the most of your wireless router.
You bought a new Linksys wireless router and you do not know to use
it. You are experienced with computers and networks, but this is the
first time you touch a Linksys router and you do not where to start
configuring the router. You are excited with all of the great features
that your Linksys wireless router offers, and you want to get the most
of your wireless router.
Do not worry! Up on the completion of this article,
you will have a clear idea about what should you do to configure every
feature and service built in the Linksys wireless router.
The Linksys wireless-G router is powerful router and it allows you
- Connect your network to the Internet.
- Share your Internet Connection easily and securely.
- Assign an IP address to each computer on your network using the
built-in DHCP function.
- Assign a fixed host and domain name to dynamic Internet IP address.
- Interconnect separated physical networks using static/Dynamic
- Create a secured wireless LAN.
- Protect and hide your network from hackers and malicious users.
- Access your network from anywhere easily and securely.
- Manage Internet usage and traffic
- Play games online with your friends and family.
- Publish your internal application servers, such as Web servers, FTP
servers, e-mail servers...
- Protect your public application server, and your exposed computers
to the Internet.
- Ensure better service for your high-priority application's traffic
such as VOIP, videoconferencing...
Now, let us see how to install the router in order to be connected to
your broadband modem. We assume that the Linksys wireless-G router is
the only router in your network. Therefore, here is what you should do:
To perform Linksys
router setup (setup DSL connection, DHCP service, Wireless
security, etc...), watch my FREE video tutorials, which reveals exactly
how to get the most of your Linksys router.
- Unplug the power cords from your router and your broadband modem.
- Connect the router to your broadband modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the router to your computer using standard Ethernet
- Power on the broadband modem.
- Connect one end of the power adapter to the router's power port, and
the other end to the electrical outlet.
- Open on of these URLs in order to start configuring your router: 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
Click on the following link in order to watch my Free Video how-to tutorials: http://www.ciscoccnabootcamp.com/ccna-routing-and-switching/linksys-router/linksys-wireless-router-setup/
Article submitters are solely responsible for the content of their articles.
ArtiLib can't be held liable for the contents of the articles. Report Abuse
Browse By Category